We are coming down the final stretch. It is now less than a month until my wife and I will complete the New York Marathon. The journey has been amazing in so many ways. What we have achieved so far has been incredible. From a pair of Non-Runners back in November 2017, to having ticked off some major accomplishments along the way.
- We have now run THREE half Marathons at the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and the Bayside Twilight Run, improving our time every time.
- We have run five other major events of 10km and over.
- Every weekend we do a “long run” of over 10 km. Planning to do a 30km this weekend October 13, as our final long run before the marathon.
The obstacles we have overcome along the journey.
- I was off my feet for 2 weeks with painful plantar fasciitis.
- I have torn both calves
- Sharon has endured constant pain in her heel and achilles.
- I am currently battling a dodgy knee, feeling weak and painful when moving sideways.
Nothing will stop us. We are smelling the finishing line, we are envisioning what it takes to get us through. Thank you for your support and we look forward to sharing the final weeks with you.