It’s an Interesting World.
Its interesting out there. At times it’s incredibly overwhelming. When pressured assignments or projects are underway, teams get through on adrenaline or the thrill of the chase of the deadline. In all likelihood this goes against our own well-being and when it returns to normal is when cracks and fissures appear. Many don’t have a coping strategy.
How we cope brings forward some interesting case studies. Some cope by diet and exercise, while other cope by tuning out from the world in meditation. Others get focused on a hobby, or a pastime. Others cope by giving their all in a relationship or to their family. What is important, is that you do find a coping strategy that is best for you. Why? To be able to cope in a positive way, provides clearer focus and sharper execution.
Coping in a negative way, by use of alcohol or other vices, provides haze and is never the best solution. While alcohol may temporally dull the pressures, they return and the person gets caught up in a downward spiral. Coping by becoming compulsive and addictive in nature towards a project, well that’s not great either. We have to find ways of coping positively and harmoniously with ourselves. A coping strategy that moves away from our weekend celebration and our week-day torture. We have to change our way of thinking and enjoy what we do every day. Wouldn’t that be nice.
So how do we cope? Here are five simple things you can do now.
- Get away from work daily. Take the time away from work. Take your lunch break in the park. Go for a walk around the block. Our days need break-up and need relief. Take time for you.
- A daily walk does wonders. Get up early and take a walk for 30 minutes. It’s amazing for clarity.
- Change to healthy snacks. Have a small container of almonds at your desk to chew on when needed.
- Make a vow to catch the sunrise or sunset as often as possible and take the time to appreciate it. Marvel in its’ wonder.
- Get some sleep. A great way to ensure we refresh ourselves is some quiet time, (If you are on your phone at this time of night it should only be to turn on your meditation app) before be, some deep breaths and quiet reflection and thanks.
Of course, there are many other ways to cope in a healthy and positive way, Just ask yourself:
Do you have a coping strategy? How do you get away from the pressures of work?