If there is one thing that all makeup tutorials seem to have in common, it is a long list of expensive beauty products you need to purchase at the end of it. Not everyone can afford to splash the cash on three different eye shadow palettes, as well as a liquid, gel and pencil liner, followed by two shades of lipstick, a lip liner, a lip gloss and then a lip sealer – and that is only the start of it! Instead of doing it the expensive way, take a look at these amazing and cheap makeup hacks.
- Make your own gel liner – Have you got your sights set on a fancy new gel liner? You don’t need to spend your hard-earned cash on a new one. Instead, take the pencil liner you have grown tired of, and hold it under any type of flame for one second. This can be a candle or a lighter, for example. Let the pencil cool down for 15 seconds, and it will have an amazing gel-like consistency for an intense smudge.
- Don’t throw away your mascara – Has your mascara dried up? Don’t throw it away. Instead, make it moist again by adding a few drops of saline solution.
- Use a spoon to create winged eyeliner – You don’t need a professional makeup artist to create the winged effect we all know and love. Instead, start your eyeliner off as you would if you were creating the cat-eye look, i.e. a bold black flick coming from the edge of your eye tilting upwards. Once you have done this, grab a spoon and place the rounded part against your eyelid. Move the spoon above the line you have already drawn, and then trace around the spoon to create the perfect winged effect. This is ideal for those who get a shaky hand when applying makeup, or can never seem to get both eyes the same.
- Get more from liquid makeup – We are all guilty of wasting so much liquid makeup. Don’t throw away the pot as soon as you cannot reach your foundation any longer. Instead, cut the plastic pot and scoop the makeup out.
- Look after number one – Beauty and health treatments can enable you to go natural and rely on makeup less. Read up on what is a NAD booster and other treatments like this to get started.
- Avoid the big name brands – You are simply paying for the name, not the makeup. Instead, look for brands that may not have such a large following or a celebrity endorser, yet are instead advocated by professionals.
- Make your own lip gloss – Finally, don’t throw away your old eyeshadow; use it to create a lip gloss instead. You can also use this if you have colours in your eyeshadow palette you don’t really like for your eyes but would love on your lips. All you need to do is crush the eye shadow until it has a powder consistency, and then mix it with petroleum jelly to create a lip gloss.
So there you have it; some cheap beauty hacks that you can use to create the perfect look and get more from your makeup.